Follow these steps to dump a cartridge´s binary code using MVBD:
- Plug the cartridge to the MVBD. The cartridge must be plugged using the orientation depicted on the MVBD.
- Connect the MVBD to your computer using an USB port. Your operating system will detect it as a removable disk drive. The first time you connect the MVBD to your computer it may automatically install the proper driver.
- Use your operating system´s file browser to open the disk drive corresponding to the MVBD. You will find that this drive already contains a 32 kB file named VECTREX.BIN if you are using MVBD version I, or a file named GAME.BIN and sized 4/8/16/32/64 kB if you are using version II. This file holds the cartidge´s binary code. Even if the cartridge´s ROM is actually smaller than 32 kB, MVBD version I will always assign it 32 kB, but version II will detect whether the actual size is 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 kB.
- Drag the VECTREX.BIN file to the folder in which you want to dump it.
- Once the copying has been completed, safely eject the MVBD´s disk drive.
- Disconnect MVBD from your computer.
- Unplug the cartridge from the MVBD.